What are you doing race weekend?
Want to be of real support to lots of terrific athletes? Listed below are a few of the areas where your help would be greatly appreciated. This is a great way to accrue school service credits. Volunteers receive race tee shirts, too.
Important Reminder: Team Volunteer Requirement
Like virtually all long-distance team relay races across the country, each team with one or more members residing within 50 miles of any point along the PALM100 course, must provide a volunteer to work a minimum of four hours on race weekend. Positions will be assigned by the Race Director, with every effort being made to consider the volunteer’s preference for location and time. Volunteers will be identified by each Team Captain as part of the team registration process. Participants must be at least 16 years of age or be accompanied by an adult and provide their own transportation to and from assigned locations.
- Work as a monitor at key turns and intersections in Palm Beach and Deerfield Beach to keep runners on track.
- Staff an aid station or check-in site for individual runners and teams. These are located at approximately 3-5 mile intervals from Ocean Ridge to the finish line in Deerfield Beach
- "Own" an aid station: You and your friends or organization may take full responsibility for a site--even decorate it and be creative in support of the runners. Contact Race Director Scott Richards directly to discuss the details.
- Finish line support: Greet arriving runners and teams with applause and a cheerful, "Great job!" Hand out finisher medals and buckles, retrieve drop bags for individual runners, prep food, be a “spotter” for runners approaching the finish line, and more.
Along the Route:
- Course marshal
- Signage placement and take-down
- Logistics support: runner drop bag delivery and pick-up, aid station re-supply
- Race start: check-in runners and teams for all races
- Aid station set up and take down
- Pre-race packet pick-up and meeting in Deerfield Beach
- Set up and take down, tables and gear at meeting site
- Finish line: break down site and pack all gear and equipment
- Complement ambulance and medical team along route and especially at finish line
- Promote runner participation in the races
- Distribute race brochures and posters to appropriate businesses or at races in your area
- Contact media to raise awareness of this unique event; request interviews and appearances
- Assist with social media promotion
- Solicit potential race sponsors
- Distribute Sponsorship Prospectus
All volunteers must complete a Volunteer Waiver form.
Further Volunteer Information:
Please contact Race Director Scott Richards, at or call 561-755-7660 Thank you.